EASTERN SIERRA AVALANCHE CENTER
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center (ESAC) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inform and educate the public on avalanche conditions in the backcountry of the Eastern Sierra Nevada of California. The ESAC Board of Directors may have up to nine, but no fewer than four, Board members who serve three year terms. The Board currently has seven members.
- Volunteer Positions who serve three year terms
- Board members participate in regular board meetings, help with special events, and contribute to the roles and responsibilities of the
- Board including oversight of ESAC’s programs and services, organizational planning, financial management, and supporting staff with special projects and events.
- No formal or professional avalanche or backcountry experience is required. However candidates should be passionate about ESAC’s mission.
Ideal candidates will bring enthusiasm, energy, and experience to furthering ESAC’s mission, contributing to Board responsibilities, and representing our broad winter backcountry community. Candidates should be interested in committing to a three year term to serve on the Board. Experience in one or more of following areas is desired:
- Administrative, Human Resources, and/or organizational management experience
- Non-profit experience
- Management experience such as accounting, budgeting, payroll, other finance tasks
- Supporting Grant writing and reporting experience
- Fundraising and Resource Development
- Event Planning
- Community relations and outreach
- Marketing, websites/technology
Interested Candidates should submit a short cover letter that contains your contact information, why you are interested in serving on the Board, a short description of the areas of expertise you would bring to the Board. You may but are not required to include a resume. Any submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17, 2023.