ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
PAY: $20.00- $30.00 hourly
Part-time, year round position. Generally flexible hours but will be required to work scheduled hours for events, meetings, and other activities. Approximately 10-30 hours per week in the winter, with fewer hours in the summer. Minimum and maximum hours are negotiable. Extended unpaid time off is possible during summer months and shoulder seasons.
The Administrative Manager position is responsible for the administrative, fundraising, and community outreach functions of the Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center. The position reports to the Board but also works closely with the Director of Operations to support the forecasting program and all aspects of the Center. The position requires a high level of independence, self-motivation, problem solving and willingness/ability to learn.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direction from the Board, the Administrative Manager is expected to communicate and collaborate with all ESAC staff, the Board, other agencies, and the public to perform job duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to those outlined below. Duties will be performed from a home office, but may also require work at community events or in the field within the ESAC forecast area.
- Grants: Serve as lead for all ESAC Grants. Responsible for organizing, tracking, and ensuring completion of all commitments made under ESAC Ensure all grant reporting is completed. Attend workshops and complete grant applications for future grant cycles. Seek new grant opportunities.
- Administrative and Finance: Maintain ESAC accounting systems including accounts payable and receivable. Deposit checks, process payments, oversee credit cards and bank accounts. Process employee payroll. Provide finance and payroll reports to the Board. Receive ESAC mail. Maintain general ESAC email Work with the Board on developing annual budget, completing taxes, and other required financial tasks.
- Human Resources: Under the direction of the Board and the Director of Operations, prepare and file all hiring paperwork, required notices, and employment policies for onboarding new and returning employees and offboarding employees. Prepare, maintain, and process any required timekeeping documentation for all staff.
- Donor Management and Fundraising: Develop and manage donor database. Seek funding opportunities for Lead appreciation communication for donors, sponsors, volunteers.
- Community Outreach and Communication: Lead communication efforts including writing monthly winter newsletter, promoting events, ensuring website content is up to date, and working with staff and the Board on social media postings and outreach. Work with Center staff on any reporting, including end of season report.
- Events and Education: Work with ESAC staff to develop event and educational Assist with execution of events. Lead efforts for promoting educational events. Assist with annual fundraiser.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little oversight
- Ability to work as part of a team when needed
- Strong organizational skills
- Technical writing experience
- Ability to work with MS Windows Google Apps, and web-based software
- Basic finance skills, reporting, and/or human resources
- Experience with social media platforms
- Nonprofit experience
- Administrative and management experience
- Grant writing and reporting experience
- Fundraising and donor management experience
- Accounting and financial management skills
- Experience with Human Resources
- Website development and maintenance skills
- Experienced with variety of finance, payroll, website and other related software/programs (Quickbooks, SalesForce, MS Office, Google Docs)
- Basic IT knowledge
- 2-4 year commitment ideal
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be willing and able to follow the Center’s Employee Policies and Standard Operating Procedures when performing all duties
- Must be willing and able to complete tasks as assigned
- Must be willing and able to use own vehicle and provide insurance for any required transportation
- Must be willing and able to work from home office and at events