April 14, 2022 - April 14, 2022
April 14, 2022
Ryan Huetter | Key Observer
Zone or Region:
The Devil's in the Details
Stability Rating: Good
Confidence in Rating:
Stability Trend: Steady
- Skied Devils Slide today, shifting from higher elevation objectives to something that might offer some respite from the extreme winds cranking this morning up high.
- Access is about as good as it could get right now, you can step onto snow right at the first switchback at 7650′.
- Surface conditions are melt forms up to 8300′, and new snow above that, with deposits up to 15cm. There is some stiffness to the new snow, but it was not behaving like a slab in this more protected feature.
- Ski quality on the descent (at 1pm) was quite good. The new snow was a bit heavy but the lower elevations skied well on the softened surface as long as you kept your eyes out for obstacles.
- Overall a good ski day with surprisingly good conditions though coverage is thinning rapidly.