February 17, 2022 - February 18, 2022
February 18, 2022
Barbara Wanner | Key Observer
Zone or Region:
Stability Rating: Good
Confidence in Rating:
Stability Trend: Steady
Toured up Dream Bowl today.
- No signs of instability observed. Hand shear block broke with easy force on old new snow interface. 1F 2 cm crust on SE aspect where I would expect reactive wind slabs to live. No cracking or other instability observed in any of the wind deposited new snow.
- Best ski quality and deepest new snow accumulations found BTL on NE aspect lower apron and skiers right of Dream Bowl where the new snow drifted to.
- Got sweet turns on 10 cm of hot pow on SE aspect below upper rock bands. Occasionally bottomed out in a turn.
- 20 cm of dense and creamy wind deposited snow in the middle of the bowl in the lee of the gully sidewall. Scoured down to crusty old snow surface on skiers right where N winds hit.
- Sun started to affect the new snow on SE aspects near rocks. Snow felt moist and sticky.